Attention young creatives! DELPHI Summer Teen Media Program is now taking applicants for this summer’s 2020 internship. This is an amazing opportunity to work with the teaching artists from the Big Picture Alliance and create three projects.
This is a paid internship and is available for students in the Philadelphia Public and Charter School districts only.
You must apply online. Please read and prepare the requirements before applying.
• Eligible students are entering 10th, 11th, or 12th grades, or are a recent graduate (2020) from a Philadelphia Public or Charter high school.
• Students must submit a cover letter, resume, and one letter of recommendation *Applications can be edited after starting,
• The cover letter should answer:
• “Why do you want to be in the program?”,
• “What do you expect to learn?”,
• “What skills and experience will you bring to the program?”,
• Letter of recommendation should come from a school teacher, job supervisor, coach, or after-school instructor,
• Applicants will be contacted for a follow-up interview, interviews will occur from 3 pm-5 pm on Tuesday 5/5, Wednesday 5/6, & Thursday 5/7.
• Final student selections will be announced by Friday, May 22nd.
Monday, June 15th – Friday, July 24th, 2020, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Attendance for all sessions is mandatory.
Interview dates for this program will take place during May You will be contacted to confirm your interview date. All interviews will occur between 3 pm-5 pm
Tuesday, May 5th: Esperanza Academy Charter High School (301 W. Hunting Park Avenue)
Wednesday, May 6th: Philadelphia Museum of Art (26th Street and the Benjamin Franklin Parkway)
Thursday, May 7th: Taller Puertorriqueño (2600 N. 5th Street)
Student Orientation will be Thursday, June 10th at Esperanza Academy Charter High School (301 W. Hunting Park Avenue).
The orientation will be from 3:30 pm – 6 pm
• Training in the technical aspects of film making and editing; all students will complete a portfolio of short films,
• Introduction to media literacy and film appreciation,
• Acting, team-building, self-care & confidence exercises,
• Screenwriting workshops,
• Informational tours and studio art-making activities at the Philadelphia Museum of Art and Taller Puertorriqueño,
• Field trips, exposing students to careers in the film and media industries, provided by Big Picture Alliance,
• Lunch is provided,
• Commitment to attending the entire program; ability to arrive on-time every day,
• Interest in film making,
• Strong writing and communication skills,
• Responsibility with expensive and delicate electronic and film equipment,
• Ability to multitask and problem solve,
• Willingness to work with a team,
• Professional behavior in attitude and attire,